Hotelschool The Hague was founded in 1929, making it one of the oldest independent hotel schools in the world. Since 1929, Hotelschool The Hague has been renowned for its education and innovative research, and is ranked among the Top 5 Hospitality Management Schools in the world. The school has two campuses, one in The Hague and one in Amsterdam with over 2500 students, an international student intake of over 40% and more than 250 employees.
For the last three years, Hotelschool The Hague has been voted best public hotel school in The Netherlands. Furthermore, Hotelschool The Hague’s Master in International Hospitality Management has been voted Best Master in Business Administration 2017 in The Netherlands by ‘Keuzegids Masters 2017’. Graduates of Hotelschool The Hague occupy leading positions in the hospitality industry all over the world.
Hotelschool The Hague is looking for a:
FOOD AND BEVERAGE INSTRUCTOR – KITCHEN
Who inspires students to get the best out of their F&B Practical Education program!
You will join a multidisciplinary team of professionals in a challenging but friendly environment. The school community is international, and the program is taught, and all business is conducted completely in English. Hotelschool The Hague has an excellent reputation developed over 87 years; the result of the structured & innovative educational program and the experience and quality of our staff and lecturers.
Hotelschool The Hague students need practical experience to fully develop their hands-on approach and hospitality management skills. They gain this experience in our own facilities: at both campuses there are different restaurant concepts and a hotel where students learn and practice essential F&B and hospitality skills.
General Function Description
You will work in the kitchen of our various restaurant concepts. At the Hotelschool, second-year students who have completed their internship, manage the first year students during their practical education in the F&B facilities. You coach and supervise both these groups. Additionally, you participate in workshops and other educational activities.
Your tasks and responsibilities will be to provide instructions to the students and to guide and support, observe and evaluate the students’ performance. You will also contribute to the development of the Practical Education programme.
- A Bachelor degree or intermediate vocational education graduate (MBO-4 level) with professional and intellectual skills at Bachelor level;
- A minimum of 5 years work experience in Fine-Dining kitchen, experience with cooking for big events and banqueting;
- Familiar with a range of contemporary business restaurant concepts;
- A qualified coach and experience in supervising students;
- Experience with modern, automated order processes;
- A team player; within our team this means that you are a flexible, committed, trustworthy, innovative and convincing colleague;
- Willing to work irregular hours (occasionally during the weekends);
- Excellent verbal and written command of both Dutch and English;
- An affinity with the hospitality industry and education.
RemunerationHotelschool The Hague offers a salary based on scale 8 with a range between € 2.409,80 and € 3.226,54 depending on your professional experience and qualifications. In addition, Hotelschool The Hague offers:
- a 13th month;
- an excellent package of fringe benefits;
- employees with 40 hour working weeks are entitled to 428 hours (53 days) of leave with retention of salary per calendar year;
- a retirement pension through ABP;
- excellent opportunities for further education;
- the possibility to participate in collective (health) insurance.
To apply for this position, go to: http://hotelschool.nl/en/about-us/vacancies select F&B Instructor – Kitchen and select the “apply” tab on the right portion of the screen.
The position is for a fixed period of 1 year, with a possibility to receive an extension of this contract.
Please send your application letter and CV in English, to the attention of Ms L.E. Overwater, HR Advisor. The application deadline is 11 June 2018.
An English language proficiency test will be part of the selection procedure.
You will be located in The Hague but you are willing to work at our Campus in Amsterdam on occasions.
Werkgever, -nemer of -zoeker in de horeca? Volg Horecavac op LinkedIn (13.300+ netwerk) linkedin.com/in/horecavac/
Hotelschool The Hague is looking for a FOOD AND BEVERAGE INSTRUCTOR – KITCHEN » goo.gl/WNYPcn #horeca #vacature #vacancy #job #instructor @HotelschoolTH