AMSTERDAM – InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam, part of InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, is looking for a
At InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts our role is to put the make a stay memorable. That’s where you come in! When you’re part of the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand you’re more than just a job title.
Head of Engineering reports directly to the General Manager. Deals directly with the other Head of Department Team Members to ensure their operating problems are solved or, preferably, prevented. Is in direct contact with Head Office liaisons and technical owners representatives.
Meets with ‘customers’ both internal and external in order to solve problems. Liaises with colleague and competitor hotels, suppliers and contractors to ensure this hotel is getting value for money in all areas. Meets with other Chief Engineers in his region to exchange ideas to better perform his duties.
Join us as a Chief Engineer at the InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam. You’ll have ambition, talent and obviously, some key skills. Because, for this vital role, we’re looking for someone who is:
- Responsible for the physical integrity of all facilities and fully participate in all safety and security programs. The above is done using the general IHG standards and specific historical hotel details.
- Maintains the building and plant properly and efficiently by following the guidelines in the IHG Technical Maintenance manual and standards as well as local legislation.
- Makes regular inspections of the property with the General Manager in order to identify problem areas and plan for their improvement.
- Ensures a good planning of all work is kept and deadlines are met for the whole team.
- Works with the General Manager and Finance Manager to produce CEAs for improvement.
- Acts as liaison between hotel and outside contractors or technical services on major projects.
- Ensures that all water systems are treated in order to prevent corrosion throughout the system and to maintain safe bacterial levels according to the IHG Technical Manual and local authority requirements.
- Ensures that all fire equipment is in good order and the alarm system is tested regularly in line with IHG and local authority requirements.
- Ensures all electrical equipment is safe working order in line with current regulations.
- Also checks that the pressure vessels and lifts are surveyed in a regular basis by IHG’s insurers.
- Focuses on daily maintenance of all areas as well as preventive maintenance to ensure guests enjoy the utmost comfort during their stay.
- Communicates closely with all departments on technical issues and tasks.
- Closely formulates and controls the operational and capital expenditure budgets for the department.
- Continually monitors the energy consumption and implements measures resulting in savings in energy costs using the guidelines in the IHG Energy Manual.
- Monitors utility bills to ensure charges are correct.
- Maintains the files and records that are necessary to manage the department efficiently.
- Makes sure purchasing procedures meet IHG Standards.
- Works with the Training Manager to ensure the department training and succession plans are adhered to.
- Attends seminars and technical exhibitions and reads relevant publications to keep him up to date in the Engineering field.
COMPETENCIES: Excellent up to date knowledge of technical hotel systems in the broadest manner. Knowledge of current local and national rules and regulations within the technical field. Speaks and writes fluent Dutch and English and preferably another language. Strong communication and management skills. Work experience in a 5 star hotel is a plus.
What can you expect from us:
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a career that will be as unique as you are, because we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow. And because the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand belongs to the IHG® family of brands, you’ll also benefit from all of the opportunities that come from being part of a successful, global hospitality company with over 4800 hotels in over 100 countries around the world.
Are you interested in this job? Send your message to Jona Verhoeven, e-mail: email@example.com.
Werkgever, -nemer of -zoeker in de horeca? Volg Horecavac op LinkedIn (8.500+ netwerk!) linkedin.com/in/horecavac/
InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam (IHG) in #Amsterdam looking for a CHIEF ENGINEER with excellent up to date knowledge of technical hotel systems in the broadest manner » goo.gl/U8S6Jf #Vacancy